Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Starting the process, my first blog.....

Well, I debated for quite some time about doing a blog. The main argument against is time, and my long cultivated inability to type very well or fast. It's a 50 years+ thing, unless you made a career as a secretary, right? Anyway forgive any typos you may find, and you WILL find them.

I am not quite sure what direction this blogging thing will go. My intent is for it to be primarily a journal of my quilting experiences. Without going into a lot of history today, I will say that I am evolving as we speak. I am up to about 8 quilt patterns, and the hope is that if I can increase that number to 20 by next spring, I will get a booth at market in Pittsburg. But it is very expensive, and I will have to be able to justify the expense. So we'll see.

Today I am working on 2 quilts (small) belonging to a friend of mine, and I will post pictures in a day or two. She will be happy, as I have had them for a bit. My evening will consist of continuing work on a new pattern design by cutting it out and getting ready to construct it. It is a bright and black (one of my favorite colorations!) and makes pinwheels in one of the settings.

If you look at my early patterns they have the ability to be set many ways so you can make the quilt your own design. Sort of "YOU BE THE DESIGNER!"

I think I will sign off now, and play with the look of my blog for a bit. Let me know what you think!

No comments: