Monday, October 19, 2009

Texture Magic Sweatshirt Makeover



This project has been done in my head for a month. But this weekend I carved out the time to make it for real, lol! The steps are pretty easy if you've done any garment sewing at all. Once the center and collar area were cut to the shape I like, I used muslin to make patterns for a shawl collar and cuffs. I used a piece of TM 18X18, which shrunk down to 14X14, I then cut out my muslin pattern, taking care to "flip" the collar once so I would have a right and left. Then, using the same fabric without texture, I cut out the lining pieces. I sort of loosely based the width of the cuff on how much TM I had left in the piece that had been texturized.







This will be just the thing to wear while I am demoing product!

3 comments:

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Caron, your sweatshirt Makeover turned out beautiful. I did a jacket for the Festival and will be posting pictures soon.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie

Vicki W said...

I think that's the first sweatshirt jacket that I've seen that I would actually wear in public. Great job!

Annie said...

Caron:

Great job on the sweatshirt jacket! I love how the Texture Magic enhanced the lapels. I've been wanting to make a jacket using Texture Magic for months, but have been too busy working on new patterns. Maybe sometime in November I'll get to it since we don't have any shows until January.

Best to you!

Annie Unrein
www.byannie.com
www.byanniecom.blogspot.com