Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy New Year!

Well, December proved to start out kinda awful with my Father-in-Law's passing, but since my dear mother-in-law was able to stay here for the holidays it was fun! Loads of snow proved to make a picture postcard Christmas!

Santa brought me a Sony Handy-cam, and as soon as I figure out how to use all the bells and whistles (aka software, lol) I plan to post some tutorial videos. Is there any outlet for video beside YouTube? I guess I will research that.

Also with the new year, I will be teaching (virtually!) on a site called Quilting Weekly. I plan to post a mystery, and am excited to part of their staff. Sounds like fun! Check out http://www.quiltingweekly.com

Tomorrow night, 1/7, I am to go to Robert's Sewing Center in Crest Hill, IL to demo Texture Magic and show samples of my own patterns, per their request. We are supposed to get snow, so we'll play it by ear. Robert's is open to the public and free, so if you are anywhere nearby, c'mon by! In case of a blizzard, we may postpone...

Sub-zero by Friday-yuck!!!

1 comment:

Marylh said...

Caron - didn't know your DFIL passed away - I am so sorry. My DFIL died Christmas weekend 9 years ago. My DMIL is a real trooper, but it took my DH a LONG time to come to terms. Good luck with the Demo -mine are picking up a bit - but we don't have as much snow as you do. Mary in MA